FAQsby Mark Weitzman
1. Can you sync the voice over to my video?
Yes. The Japanese-language script you provide should contain the length in seconds of each section of text to be recorded. We can provide a single audio file that is synced to your video. That is, the Japanese audio playback from :00 will match the video from :00. The Japanese audio file will sync to the language and the scenes in the video. Then you could simply drop-in the audio track to your video track. Please provide the video. Generally, synching is included in the narration fee.
2. How soon can you do it?
Time to completion is dependent upon the availability of the voice over talent that you selected, and the details of your project. We do our best to produce projects in a timely manner.
3. How much does it cost?
Generally, the final cost will be based on the number of Japanese characters (i.e. words) to be recorded.
Estimates can be provided based on the number of Japanese characters, the number of minutes of Japanese voice over only, and on the number of English words in a script.
Prices also reflect the cost of living in Japan, the prices for voiceovers in Japan, the fluctuating currency exchange rate, and, if applicable, surcharges relative to international job-provider matching services on the internet. Lets Narrate Japanese voice over services are competitively priced.
4. I don’t have a script in Japanese yet. How can I know the price?
Estimates can be provided based on the number of minutes of expected voice over, or on the number of English words in a script.
5. Can you say the brand name in English?
English words – such as product and brand names – can be changed to their corresponding Japanese ideograms, and the pronunciation will sound like "Japanese-accented English." Click here to read more about English words and their Japanese pronunciations.
6. What should I provide to you so you can better understand my project?
• The English-language script, as a text document.
• Your preferred voice over talent.
Regarding the Japanese script, please:
• Conspicuously indicate the sections of text to be recorded.
• Indicate text that is not to be recorded, and other special instructions.
• Indicate symbols as words.
• Assign numbering to each section of text to be recorded.
• Indicate the length in seconds of each section to be recorded.
• Replace ambiguous characters with words.
• Do not place words in parenthesis.
• Provide the Japanese spellings/pronunciations of product names, abbreviations, acronyms, numerals and the like. Learn how English converts to Japanese regarding brand names and other loanwords.
• Provide a script as a text document. All details about your project will be kept confidential.
7. Is the Japanese voice demo download link in my email broken?
You may have received an email that contains links to download Japanese voice demos in the form of a "zip" file or "mp3" file.
If you clicked a link in that email and an error web page appeared, you may have clicked only a part of the full link. In your email application, the link has become a "broken link."
If your email application has not displayed the web addresses as active links, or if your email application divides a web address into two lines, please copy and paste the full address into the "Address" or "Location" bar in your internet browser and press the Return key on your keyboard.
(View larger image)