A freelance voice professional runs a small business too. In addition to the investment in specialized equipment and a recording setup, professional voice talents also have other expenses.
• Maintenance and upgrades of software and equipment.
• Purchases of royalty-free music.
• Membership at the voice over jobs sites.
• Online advertising and other marketing .
• Dues to professional associations.
• Continuing education and training.
• Digital recording media.
• Communications and correspondence.
• Bookkeeping, taxes and insurance.